Click Here or Visit zeozorb.com to purchase Desiccant Breathers, Tank Vent Dryers and Transformer Breathers
The first line of defense against moisture and particulate contamination
- DRYTECH recommends replacing spin on air filter vents, turn down pipes, or vent caps with ZEOZORB disposable desiccant breathers for additional protection against contaminants.
- DRYTECH recommends inspecting your breather every 6 months.
- DRYTECH recommends adding breather replacements to plant operations & maintenance schedules
|Model||Thread Size||Height||Top Cap Diameter||Filter||Flow Rate||Applications|
|ZZ-150||1″ Friction Fit*||4.5 in||5 in||3 Micron||Up to 10 SCFM||Protection of fluid systems by preventing entry of moisture and particulate. 55 gallon drums, storage totes, small gearboxes, etc.|
|ZZ-300||1″ Friction Fit*||9.5 in||5 in||3 Micron||Up to 10 SCFM||Protection of fluid systems by preventing entry of moisture and particulate. Large containers, storage totes, gearboxes, transformers, hydraulic reservoirs|
Disposable Desiccant Breathers
- Storage Tanks
- Mobile Equipment
- Small Gearboxes
- 55 Gallon Drums
- Eliminate corrosion
- Eliminate fungal or biological activity
- Protect against high humidity and water condensation
- Protect against fluid contamination, dilution, and sedimentation – Maintain ISO cleanliness codes
- Extend life of hydraulic, lubrication, and process fluids – Extend MTBF and reduce O&M costs
As pressure, temperature, or fluid level changes occur, your equipment will either inhale or exhale ambient air. During inhale, wet ambient air will enter your equipment, and if not filtered, will cause contamination to the fluids being protected. Most industrial plants will use, breather vents, filter caps, and/or turn down pipes to prevent contaminants from entering their equipment. Drytech Disposable Desiccant Breathers are used to replace these vents and will filter out MOISTURE AND PARTICULATES before they enter your equipment. During inhale, the air will enter the top of the breather and flow down through a bed of ZEOLITE desiccant. As the air flows through the desiccant, the moisture is adsorbed. This dry air will then flow through a series of filters and remove particles down to 3 microns in size leaving clean dry air to enter your equipment. During exhale, the vapor laden air will exit through the base of the breather, through an activated carbon filter which will filter out oil vapors from contaminating the desiccant or the work environment
Drytech Disposable Desiccant Breathers all utilize a 1″ slip fit connection which can be easily adapted to customer applications. Take a look at our adapters page for our full range of available connections. Installation Procedure:
- Remove breather from plastic bag
- Remove safety cap from standpipe at the bottom of the breather
- Mount the breather to the tank or reservoir using the adapter best suited for the application
- Verify that the breather is fully saturated – all blue beads will be beige in color
- Remove breather from gearbox, tank, reservoir, or other application
- Remove and save the adapter fitting to be used with a new breather
- Verify and dispose of breather in accordance with your state and local environmental control regulations
- Review attached MSDS sheets
- Bi-directional Air Flow
- Air entering the breather is filtered and dried. Air expelled through the breather is filterthrough an activated carbon filter, prolonging the life of the breather.
- Rugged construction
- ZEOZORB breathers are made of hard PVC plastic and UV resistant polycarbonate tube.
- ZEOLITE adsorbent
- ZEOLITE adsorbent provides up to 28% by weight adsorption and provides clean dry air lessthan 100 PPM. ZEOLITE also maintains performance in high temperature environments, unlike Silica Gel.
- Multi layer filtration
- All ZEOZORB breathers features (2) diffusion filters, an activated carbon filter, 3 micron PTFEfilter, and 100 micron stainless steel filter
- Diffusion technology
- Our unique diffusion cap replaces the need for mechanical valves to control air flow. Thebreathers will only breathe over 0.3 PSI
- Application flexibility
- ZEOZORB breathers feature a standard 1″ slip fit which easily adapts to many applications.
- Color Indication
- When maximum adsorption is reached, the blue indicating ZEOLITE beads will turn from blueto beige, to indicate that a replacement is required.
Drytech’s ZEOZORB Disposable Desiccant Breathers were designed to set a new standard for breather performance. Common Silica Gel breathers being used are a bit misleading. Silica Gel is claimed to adsorb up to 35% by weight whereas our ZEOLITE can adsorb up to 27% by weight, so it appears that Silica Gel is the better choice. This is not the case. the isotherm below explains why.
*Test Conditions : TABAI Humidity Chamber 90% RH @ 23°CThe isotherm highlights, that as temperatures increase, the performance of Silica Gel decreases quite drastically, and if temperatures go over 100°F Silica Gel will “regenerate” releasing the moisture back into the environment it was once protecting. All of Drytech’s breathers use our unique ZEOLITE desiccant which maintains its adsorption performance at high temperatures. In addition, each breather uses several layers of filters to ensure a true 3 micron filtration rating. The breathers are constructed out of hard PVC end caps and a robust UV resistant polycarbonate tube for easy viewing of desiccant condition. The clear color indication from blue beads fading to beige allows the user to know when the breather should be replaced.
QUICK FACT: ZEOLITE out performs Silica Gel by over 75% at average plant temperatures, 25°C (77°F).
Technical & Dimensional Info
|Model||Model A||Model B||ZZ-150||ZZ-300|
|Dim. “A”||10″ (254mm)||12″ (305mm)||6.1″ (157mm)||10.7″ (272mm)|
|Dia. “B”||5.2″ (132mm)||5″ (127mm)|
|Dim. “C”||1″ NPT||1″ slip fit/1″ NPT|
|Max Operating Flow Rate||1.50 scfm||3.0 scfm||1.50 scfm||3.0 scfm|
|Desiccant medium||Silica Gel||ZEOLITE|
|Desiccant weight||3.3 lbs||4.5 lbs||1.5 lbs||3.0 lbs|
|*Lowest PPM H20||384 ppm||272 ppm||96 ppm||63 ppm|
- Size of tank or reservoir
- Max flow rate
- Connection required
- see breather adapters (make this a link to the breather adapters page)